NWFC’s Financial Aid Program awards scholarships to approved athletes of all ages
The Northwest Fencing Center Financial Aid program is available to current and potential members. Financial aid cannot be applied to required membership fees. You must complete the 4-week Intro Session before applying for Financial Aid.
The Financial Aid program is made possible thanks to generous donations from our community members. NWFC is a 501(3)c not-for-profit organization. With their help, fencing is becoming more accessible than ever before in the PNW.
The NWFC Financial Aid Program is now available to our members. When designing the program we kept these things in mind:
- Access. We want to make applying easy
- Fairness. We want to have a system based on facts not feelings.
- Confidentiality. We want applicants to be confident knowing that their information isn’t being seen by coaches, staff, or other members and that applications will not become public knowledge.
1) Fill out the application form and send it to email@example.com. Do not send any additional information or tax documentation in the email! The accountants at Plus And Minus, LLC are the only ones who will see your email.
2) Then, the accountants will contact you with an invitation to securely share tax documentation with them through VeriFyle. This is also where you would include any additional documentation if you checked the box “my circumstances have changed substantially from the most recent tax year”.
3) Next, the accountants will review your application. Their independent analysis will determine how much aid you will receive. You may receive up to a 50% discount on your class and lesson fees.
4) Once complete, the accountants will notify you about whether you qualify and your discount level.
For more information about Financial Aid, reach out to the Front Desk.
The Fine Print
Any financial aid awarded is for the current fencing season only.
NWFC has a budgeted amount allocated for the Financial Aide Program per season. Once it is reached the program will close for the season and no new applications will be accepted until the following season.
The financial aid discount is applied only to classes and lessons, not to membership.
The NWFC Financial Aid Program is available to all members regardless of age, race, or gender.
Scholarships are granted based on the need and availability of funds.
Submission of a request form is in no way a guarantee that a scholarship will be granted.
Requests will be held in the strictest confidence. All information about financial aid is confidential and securely transferred.