Top Ten Reasons To Visit Portland for the Cascade Clash SYC
Keep reading to learn what made our top 10 reasons to visit Portland.
Portland is a wonderful city, with all kinds of activities for people of all ages to enjoy! Portland is known for its restaurants, outdoor accessibility, and variety in its culture. We encourage all our athletes that visit for camps or travel to our tournaments to explore the area while they are here. From outdoorsy options like the abundance of hiking trails to family-friendly nightlife and a plethora of craft beer, there is something in our city sure to catch anyone’s attention.
Here is our top 10 list of reasons to visit Portland:
- T-shirts and hoodies with the competitor’s names on the back!
- Tax-free shopping! Washington Square Mall is just a mile away. Plus, keep reading..
- Adidas Employee Store passes for all USA Fencing members!
- Columbia Sportswear Employee Store passes for all!
- The Portland Winter Light Festival
- Lan Su Chinese garden Lunar new year lantern viewing events.
- For the more outdoorsy types, go on a hike! Winter Hikes in and Near Portland
- Want to get out of town? Visit Cannon Beach, a wonderful little beach town on the pacific ocean or go skiing on Mt. Hood, both are less than 2 hours away.
- The FOOD! Din Tai Fung, Sesame Donuts, Salt n Straw, Dough Zone, Paris Baguette, Oyatsu pan, Tre De Jouis, & so much more!
- Northwest Fencing Center is an amazing place to fence & compete!
If you’d like other suggestions, ask the front desk when you stop by next. We’d be happy to share our favorite local spots with you to see you have the best experience possible when visiting our club. Welcome to Portland! We hope to see you again soon.